On October 26th, 2010, at 9 weeks old, Phoebe Rose was diagnosed with high risk MLL + Infantile Leukemia. On November 18th 2015 , she took her last breath. This is her story of hope and love in the face of cancer and despair. Phoebe always brought the joy and continues to inspire us to make a difference. It is best read from the beginning. Thank-you for visiting.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Celebration of Life

We are very touched by the many messages and comments we have received - it is wonderful to know how loved our sweet Phoebe is. And how she touched your lives. We wish we could respond to each of you and thank you personally.  

It's so hard to believe that Phoebe is gone and we just miss her so much. I miss her little voice telling us all what to do. I miss holding her. I miss her joy. I miss everything about her. I keep thinking I am going to wake up from this nightmare, but instead I just feel lost. We all do. Mae cries for her sister and best friend and it breaks my heart. 

We are leaving Memphis tomorrow after 16 months away from home. We wish so much that things were different and our Phoebe was coming with us - healthy and with the cure she so deserved. Instead she is coming home with us so we can put her to rest. We miss her so much. 

The celebration of Phoebe's life will be held on Sunday November 29th at the Beechwood Funeral Home, located at 280 Beechwood Avenue in Ottawa. We will update soon with more details. 

A special thank-you to Ella Berman for writing and singing this beautiful song for Phoebe. I know that Phoebe would have loved this and when I close my eyes I imagine her singing along. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=1OAhx2alPXc





8 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you all for days xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo of Phoebe and Mae, little buddies. My heart and thoughts are with all your family. Dear little Mae - I'm sure it's so hard for her to really understand what has happened. Love, thoughts and prayers with you from Victoria BC

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is home...forever in your hearts and in ours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love and thoughts to your family. She is loved and her spirit will continue to inspire us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came upon your blog many months ago and checked in every week hoping for good things for little Phoebe. So sorry to hear about her passing.
    Her strength touched so many people - even those of us who never met her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete